GeneSpectrum provides customized data analysis services and consultation to scientist from academia and industry, with the aim of advancing their research using cutting-edge bioinformatics methodologies. The projects we receive span a wide range of research areas in biology, biotechnology, agriculture and medicine.
We help with design, analysis and interpretation of genomic-scale experiments, involving, for example, next-generation sequencing (NGS), Microarrays, etc. Our services are listed below.
Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) has progressed enormously over the past ten years, transforming the biological sciences and opening up many new opportunities in basic, applied and clinical research. We have extensive experience in analyzing NGS data, of both model and non-model organisms. Among the NGS data analysis services we provide are:
- de novo sequence assembly and annotation of novel genomes and transcriptomes
- Gene expression profiling (RNA-Seq)
- Single cell RNA-Seq
- Protein-DNA interaction analysis (Chip-Seq)
- Micro-RNA discovery and profiling (miRNA-Seq)
- SNP discovery and genotyping from exome sequencing, RAD-Seq, GBS and whole-genome sequencing
- Human, plant and livestock genetic analyses
- Microbial genomics
- Metagenomic studies of microbial populations ("microbiome") using 16S, 18S, ITS and shotgun metagenomic sequencing
- Comparative genomics
- Development of genomic markers
DNA microarrays used to be the leading technology for genome-wide studies, until Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) approaches took over and often replaced microarrays. However, DNA microarrays are still used for certain applications, and occasionally scientists wish to re-analyze old microarray datasets.
Our expertise covers various applications of DNA microarrays, including:
- Differential gene expression, at the exon, gene and pathway levels
- Identification of chromosomal aberrations (CNV, CGH, LOH)
- Identification of protein binding sites in DNA or RNA samples (e.g. ChIP on chip)
- Genetic studies using SNP and CNV arrays: linkage, association, cytogenetics, homozygosity & shared haplotype analyses, pharmacogenomics.
These analyses are complemented by advanced clustering analyses, as well as functional analyses, gene ontology and pathway enrichment, and overlay on protein-protein interaction networks.
Recent advances in NGS has opened new doors for Microbe identification. Microbiome and Metagenomic data is increasing day by day. The new avenues in microbial testing has also opened with the development in Genomics.
Here are some of our offerings for Microbiome data analysis:
- Metagenomic Analysis
- Microbiome Analysis
- Transcriptome Annotation
- Genome Annotations
- Genome Mapping
Drug designing has benefited the most with the advancements in Bioinformatics. Overall time for the drug development has reduced drastically with the help of Computer aided Drug Design.
We have extensive experience in In Silico drug development. We can provide end to end consultation and support for drug development. Few of the key services in drug designing are listed below:
- Target Identification
- Target Validation
- ADME Check
- Protein-Protein Interactions
We also provide Custom Bioinformatics services as per individual requirement. Below are some of the services:
- NCBI Submission
- PCR Primer Designing
- Pipeline Development
- Data Mining Projects
- Custom Scripting and Special Projects
Please feel free to reach us for further details.