Workshop on Genome Annotation with Ensembl Genome Browser
Ensembl is a genome browser for vertebrate genomes that supports research in comparative genomics, evolution, sequence variation, and transcriptional regulation. Ensembl annotates genes, computes multiple alignments, predicts regulatory function, and collects disease data. Ensembl tools include BLAST, BLAT, BioMart, and the Variant Effect Predictor (VEP) for all supported species. In this workshop, you will learn important aspects of the Ensembl genome browser to perform genome annotation. The sessions will be hands-on with a lot of practice sets and will be conducted by Ensembl staff members.
Workshop organized by
- Introduction to Ensembl
- Comparative genomics and proteomics: orthologues, protein families, whole genome alignments and syntenic regions
- Variation: SNPs and other polymorphisms, haplotypes, linkage disequilibrium, structural variants like CNVs
- Data export with BioMart: retrieving genomic information using a web interface (no programming required).
- Detailed discussions on all important topics
- Demonstration of software usage with relevant examples
- Online Courses with industry-relevant case study
- Lifetime access to reference material
- Support for technical queries during and after the course
- Learn from Ensembl staff scientist
Workshop Date and Time: 23 – 25 March 2021 | 6 to 9 PM IST (GMT+5:30)
- Indian Nationals: ₹1200 INR
- Foreign Nationals: $25 USD